These single and double leaf doors are fitted into compartment walls to confine an outbreak of fire to the smallest area. They are designed to resist the intense heat applied to one side of the door without excessive distortion, and prevent the ignition of combustible materials in the adjoining area.
The manufacturing process of these doors is quality controlled at all stages controlled at all stages in line with ISO 9001:2000 Quality Standard and is independently audited by the LPCB. The door construction has been tested to 4 hour fire rated to BS 476 Parts 20 & 22:1987 and BS EN 1634-1:2008 and holds appropriate FRS and Bodycote Warrington Assessments obtaining the following results:
• FD60: Providing protection up to One Hour (60 minutes) in a traditional unlatched design.
• FD120: Providing protection up to Two Hours (120 minutes) with a latched design.
• FD240: Providing protection up to Four Hours (240 minutes) with a latched design.
• Material – 1.2 mm corrosion resistant zintec/aluzinc sheets as standard
• Infill – Self-supporting resin-impregnated honeycomb core as standard, with the option of mineral wool.
• Construction – A non-welded construction from two skins of zintec folded around a rigid core.
• Finish – The doors can be polyester powder coated any Standard RAL or BS4800 colour.
• Folded from 1•6mm Zintec/Aluzinc.
• Screw and tab construction with 4no. Adjustable fixing feet per jamb, variable sub-frame supplied as standard to accommodate site tolerance of -0/+30mm.
• The frame is fitted with 3no. Class 13 stainless steel hinges with 2 no. security dog bolts.
• Standard: 15mm rebated threshold.
• Optional: 5mm driveable (DDA compliant) or 12•5mm 564A Aluminium (DDA compliant).
Optional door hardware components
• Locks, Levers, Thresholds, Perimeter Seals, Hydraulic Closers, Door Stays, Vision Panels, Louvres, Panic Bar/Panic Bolt Release Systems, Kick Plates, Chequer Plate, Magnetic Contacts, Smoke Detector Release Unit.